Mushroom, Tomato, Basil Frittata
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- medium garlic cloves, pressed (Garlic to taste preference).
- 1 TBS +1 TBS chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 medium tomato diced
- 3 large eggs
- 3 TBS chopped fresh basil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion over medium low heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS broth, tomato, salt, and pepper and cook for another minute. Stir well, and gently scrape pan with a wooden spoon to remove any slight burning.
- Beat eggs well, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in chopped basil. Pour eggs over vegetables evenly and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until firm. Cut into wedges and serve.