15-Minute Maui-Style Cod
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. thick cut filets of cod
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS chicken or vegetable broth or water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup finely minced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp finely minced jalapeno pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Mix together all ingredients for salsa and set aside.
- On stovetop, preheat 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Rub 1 TBS fresh lemon juice on cod and season with salt and pepper.
- Add broth or water to skillet and heat. Cook fish in heated skillet about 1-2 minutes on each side. Time may vary according to thickness of fish. You do not need oil or liquid for this.
- Remove cod from pan and top with salsa.